Ninut Financial Software
Ninut is in the planning stages to become a full featured finacial management software. It is distributed
under the GNU GPL. Below there is a list of currently planned
features. Ninut will be developed in C# using the Mono platform and will to begin with use XML for data storage with
the posibility of adding other ways for the user to choose from. For additional information you can visit the
Sourceforge Project page.
Ninut has a long way to go to be usable software and will take a while to get there. If you have experience with
C# for development, graphics (Ninut needs a logo, etc), or wish to help with documentation or web design you can contact
me at rthomp AT users.sf.net
The list provided below will most likely change throughout the planning process and will probably change
once in a while once development begins on Ninut. If you feel a feature is missing or have comments about the current list
you can post it to the Feature Request Page
- Simple to use for the beginner/intermediate user.
- Feature rich. (Must be able to provide as much financial information to the user as they may need)
- Uniform Interface
- Handle multiple accounts
- Differentiate between different account type (ie Savings, Chequing, Credit Card)
- Account for interest rates in certain accounts.
- Provide a wizard (plugin) for simple setup of new accounts.
- Output data to single XML file
- Store working data in seperate file from the original copy of the file.
- Modularized interface for expandibility.
- Support a plugin interface for expandibility.
- Support direct access to internet for online banking services through project so there is no need for an external browser to do so.
- Load last working file on loading.
- Allow for working on different files.
- Keep system load low. (Doesn't occupy too many resources)
- Resource files in XML format. (Account Types, Banks, etc.)
- Language files in resource file format.
- Scalable user interface.
- Use gtk-sharp2
- Require Summary page, Transaction page, Report Creation/Display Page
- Three panes (Accounts List, Workbench, Transaction Pane)
- Multi-language Support
- Allow transaction filtering.
- Simple Transaction input interface.
- Links to major financial institutions for online banking services.
- Support for multiple currencies even in same account file (for foreign currency accounts)
- Cross platform
- Ability to download up-to-date currency exchange information.
- XML Description Page (XDP) to describe core application and plugins to the application.
- Ability to import financial date via CSV files from financial institutions that support CSV format downloads.